- View Offline
- What is XML?
- The advantages and drawbacks of XML
- Proper XML syntax
- Working with namespaces
- Styling XML tags with CSS
- Extracting and manipulating data
- Taking XPath and XSLT for a spin
- Creating document type definitions and schema definitions
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Joe Marini and I'd like to welcome you to XML Essential Training. XML has become a widely used standard for storing and exchanging information on the internet. Knowing how to work with XML has become a core skill that every developer needs to have. In this course, we'll start off by learning about what XML is and does and some of its advantages and drawbacks. Then we'll see how to create and style XML content using a variety of approaches, such as, CSS and using the browser's dom. We'll investigate complimentary XML technologies, like Xpath and XSLT, and see how they can be used to manipulate XML content.
Finally, we'll see how to use document type definitions and XML schema to help ensure that your XML data is error free. Whether it's working behind the scenes of publishing blogs, distributing data over the web, or bridging the gaps between separate computer systems. XML is a foundational technology that every developer needs to know. Let's get started with XML Essential Training.