Join Joe Marini for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of XML Essential Training.
- [Narrator] Before we begin learning about XML there are some things that you should already know. First, you should be familiar with using developer tools. In this case, text editors. We're going to be editing XML code in this course and XML is an open text-based format. So, you can use whatever text editor you want but for this course, I'll be using Visual Studio Code. It's free, runs on Mac, Windows, and Linux, and it also has a rich ecosystem of plug-ins available which we will take advantage of as we go through the course.
- What is XML?
- Advantages and drawbacks of XML
- Proper XML syntax
- Working with XML namespaces
- Styling XML tags
- Discovering and creating document content
- Manipulating XML content using XPath and XSLT
- Document type definitions and XML schema
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. XML Overview
3. Working with XML
4. Manipulating XML with the DOM
5. XML and XPath
6. XML and XSLT
7. XSLT Examples
8. Document Type Definitions
9. XML Schema
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.