- [Instructor] XSLT is another one of the complimentary…XML technologies that you can use to work with XML data…that I mentioned at the beginning of the course.…It builds on XPath, so if you haven't yet watched…the chapter on XPath, I suggest you watch that first,…before this chapter.…XSLT is the eXtensible Stylesheet…Language Transformation specification.…It's a little bit different than CSS.…You might see that word stylesheet…and think that XSLT is similar to CSS,…but the important word you need…to focus on is transformations.…
CSS essentially applies a set of styling rules…to content in either HTML or XML files.…XSLT works by applying templates to XML data.…XSLT is also written in XML syntax itself,…so when you look at an XSLT stylesheet,…it's written using XML code,…whereas CSS is written using its own unique format.…XSLT is pretty powerful.…It can transform XML data into almost anything else,…such as another form of XML or PDF or Word files or HTML,…it can be almost anything,…so we'll take a look at how we can transform…
- What is XML?
- Advantages and drawbacks of XML
- Proper XML syntax
- Working with XML namespaces
- Styling XML tags
- Discovering and creating document content
- Manipulating XML content using XPath and XSLT
- Document type definitions and XML schema
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. XML Overview
3. Working with XML
4. Manipulating XML with the DOM
5. XML and XPath
6. XML and XSLT
7. XSLT Examples
8. Document Type Definitions
9. XML Schema
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.