Join Joe Marini for an in-depth discussion in this video Using XSLT with XML, part of XML Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Before we get started…writing our own XSLT Stylesheets and trying them out,…I'm going to review some of the more common XSLT elements,…explain how they work,…and then just show a really quick example.…This is the XSL Stylesheet tag.…This is how you define an XSL Stylesheet.…Next, is the XSL template tag.…The template tag contains either a match attribute,…which is an xpath expression which determines…how the template is matched to the content…in the source XML data, or it has a name attribute.…Templates with name attributes can be called…as if they were functions.…
Next is the XSL value of tag.…This also uses an xpath expression,…and this is used to select data in the source document.…Text data, numerical data, whatever the data content is…in the source XML file, it's how you extract data…from a matched tag.…You could also insert output into the transformation stream…by using tags such as xsl attribute and xsl text.…These will generate content that is placed…into the transformed document.…In addition to tags for matching and inserting content,…
- What is XML?
- Advantages and drawbacks of XML
- Proper XML syntax
- Working with XML namespaces
- Styling XML tags
- Discovering and creating document content
- Manipulating XML content using XPath and XSLT
- Document type definitions and XML schema
Skill Level Beginner
Learn API Documentation with JSON and XMLwith Peter Gruenbaum1h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. XML Overview
3. Working with XML
4. Manipulating XML with the DOM
5. XML and XPath
6. XML and XSLT
7. XSLT Examples
8. Document Type Definitions
9. XML Schema
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.