- [Instructor] In this chapter we're going to learn…about the basic rules of XML.…We'll start of by learning about the contents of XML files.…Were we'll discuss the types of content…that you'll find in XML data.…Then we'll investigate proper XML syntax.…Things like nesting rules, how attributes work…and other things you need to know to make sure…that your XML files parse properly.…Next we'll see how to make validate XML documents.…This is something that we'll revisit later in the course…when we talk about document type definitions…and Excel schemas.…
Finally we'll wrap up with a discussion on XML namespaces.…Which provide a way for you to include XML data…from different sources and avoid collisions…with other tag names when you do so.…Let's start of by learning the contents of XML files.…There are about a half dozen or so types of XML content…that you'll typically run into when working with XML data.…There's the XML document declaration.…Elements and attributes.…Comments.…Character data.…Processing instructions and entity references.…
- What is XML?
- Advantages and drawbacks of XML
- Proper XML syntax
- Working with XML namespaces
- Styling XML tags
- Discovering and creating document content
- Manipulating XML content using XPath and XSLT
- Document type definitions and XML schema
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. XML Overview
3. Working with XML
4. Manipulating XML with the DOM
5. XML and XPath
6. XML and XSLT
7. XSLT Examples
8. Document Type Definitions
9. XML Schema
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.