- [Narrator] Okay let's take what we've learned about…XPath so far and take it out for a spin on…some sample XML data.…I'm going to be using Visual Studio Code for this and if…you chose not to use VS Code and you're using your…own text editor, that's okay, you can just relax and watch.…Or if you want to try out XPath for yourself, there are…some pretty good online XPath testers.…If you do a Google search on XPath tester you will find…a variety of online XPath tools that you can use if…you want to try this part.…So assuming that you installed the XML developer plugin…that we talked about earlier in the course, let's begin…by opening up the business card, that XML file here…in chapter five.…
This is the business card example we have been using…throughout the course.…To invoke the XPath tool in VS Code I will type command…shift P and that will bring up the command pallet and…I will type XPath.…You can see the result I get is the evaluate XPath command…so I will select that and I get an edit field where I can…type XPath statements.…
- What is XML?
- Advantages and drawbacks of XML
- Proper XML syntax
- Working with XML namespaces
- Styling XML tags
- Discovering and creating document content
- Manipulating XML content using XPath and XSLT
- Document type definitions and XML schema
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. XML Overview
3. Working with XML
4. Manipulating XML with the DOM
5. XML and XPath
6. XML and XSLT
7. XSLT Examples
8. Document Type Definitions
9. XML Schema
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.