- [Teacher] Now let's take a look…at a slightly more advanced example…of associating CSS style sheets with XML.…Let's open up the businesscard_nostyle.xml.…So this is the business card XML data…that I showed as a theoretical example previously.…And as we did in the previous example,…let's associate a style sheet with our XML.…So remember to do this I have to type the brackets,…question mark, and I'll say xml-stylesheet…and again the type is going to be text/css,…and this time I'm going to point to…the…businesscard.css file,…and I'll close off the processing instruction there.…
All right, so again,…so far not any different than what we did…in the previous exercise,…so let's go and view this in the browser.…So I'm going to right click on this…and open it…in Chrome.…And so now you can see the XML has an appearance,…but all the contents of the business card…are kind of just jumbled together.…They're not on their own lines,…you know they're all squished up,…they're not labeled properly,…so let's go back and fix that.…
Now in the previous example,…
- What is XML?
- Advantages and drawbacks of XML
- Proper XML syntax
- Working with XML namespaces
- Styling XML tags
- Discovering and creating document content
- Manipulating XML content using XPath and XSLT
- Document type definitions and XML schema
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. XML Overview
3. Working with XML
4. Manipulating XML with the DOM
5. XML and XPath
6. XML and XSLT
7. XSLT Examples
8. Document Type Definitions
9. XML Schema
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.