- [Instructor] In this chapter,…we're going to take what we've learned about XSLT,…and put it through it's paces to see what it can do.…So let's start by opening up the file simpletransform.xml…in our XSLT chapter, and this file is pretty simple.…It only has one XML tag in it,…and it's pretty straight forward,…there's some text in the tag.…So let's also open up, simpletransform.xslt,…and this is the style sheet that we're going to build…that's going to match the JavacoTea tag…in this XML file right here.…
So first, right at the top,…is my xsl:stylesheet declaration.…So this tells the style sheet parser…that this in fact, an XSL style sheet,…and next I have a template.…The template uses an XPath expression…to match this template with the content…in the XML file.…In this case, the match expression says,…start at the root of the document,…and then, look for a tag named JavacoTea,…and again, you can see in the XML file,…that's exactly what we have.…When the match takes place, the contents of this template,…are going to be evaluated,…
- What is XML?
- Advantages and drawbacks of XML
- Proper XML syntax
- Working with XML namespaces
- Styling XML tags
- Discovering and creating document content
- Manipulating XML content using XPath and XSLT
- Document type definitions and XML schema
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. XML Overview
3. Working with XML
4. Manipulating XML with the DOM
5. XML and XPath
6. XML and XSLT
7. XSLT Examples
8. Document Type Definitions
9. XML Schema
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.