Join Joe Marini for an in-depth discussion in this video Repeating items, part of XML Essential Training.
- [Instructor] With this example,…we'll start examining some of the more powerful parts…of XSLT by working with repeating sets of data.…So let's open the repeating items XML file…and you can see that this a file that has a root tag…of items, and underneath items,…I've got four individual item tags,…each of which has some subtags.…So you can see that this is a basic XML document…that contains information about…various kinds of coffees and teas…and each item has an attribute indicating…whether it's available or not.…
As well as a partial URL to an associated photo…and those photos are located in this directory right here.…So let's also open up the repeating items XSLT file.…Here we have our stylesheet declaration.…And here's our template.…And this template is going to match whatever…the root tag of the source XML document is.…I don't specify items here, just says…"whatever the root tag is, match that."…So you can also see the template contains HTML code,…so I'm going to be transforming into HTML.…
And what I'm going to do is use the forEach tag…
- What is XML?
- Advantages and drawbacks of XML
- Proper XML syntax
- Working with XML namespaces
- Styling XML tags
- Discovering and creating document content
- Manipulating XML content using XPath and XSLT
- Document type definitions and XML schema
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. XML Overview
3. Working with XML
4. Manipulating XML with the DOM
5. XML and XPath
6. XML and XSLT
7. XSLT Examples
8. Document Type Definitions
9. XML Schema
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.