- [Instructor] Now that we've seen what XML is…and what it's used for,…and we understand some of its advantages and drawbacks,…let's take a look at some real world uses of XML.…So I've got the CNN website open here,…and the URL I'm visiting is www.cnn.com/services/rss/…and that trailing slash is important,…so make sure you have it there.…As I mentioned earlier in the course,…RSS is a data format that is typically found in publishing.…It's commonly used for blogs or other syndicated content…that is updated periodically.…
And if I scroll down, here on the CNN site,…you can see that there's a whole bunch of RSS feeds,…which are XML documents that list…various different news-related items.…So let's go ahead and click on one of these.…I'll click on the link for CNN technology stories.…Now, when I click on it,…you'll notice that we don't get a screen full of XML code.…What I'm getting is a nicely-styled page…that has a whole bunch of stories on it.…But when I right-click and choose, view page source,…I do get the XML code.…
- What is XML?
- Advantages and drawbacks of XML
- Proper XML syntax
- Working with XML namespaces
- Styling XML tags
- Discovering and creating document content
- Manipulating XML content using XPath and XSLT
- Document type definitions and XML schema
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. XML Overview
3. Working with XML
4. Manipulating XML with the DOM
5. XML and XPath
6. XML and XSLT
7. XSLT Examples
8. Document Type Definitions
9. XML Schema
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.