Join Joe Marini for an in-depth discussion in this video Our first XML file, part of XML Essential Training.
- [Speaker] Okay, we've reached the point now…where we can start working with our first XML file.…And I'm going to do that here in Visual Studio code.…Now again, if you're not using Visual Studio, that's fine.…Your favorite text editor will work just fine.…So here in VS code, I'm going to open up…the exercise files folder…and I'm going to click on Chapter 3…and let's open first XML file .xml.…And you can see that the contents are pretty much empty…except for the XML declaration.…
So let's add our first XML content.…So just write first tag.…Now close that off.…I'll close some text in there,…and I put in a comment.…Alright, so I'll save that.…So we have a root tag, which is called first tag…and that's right there on line 3…and down there on line 6 is the closing tag.…And inside the first tag element,…I've got some text and I've got a comment.…
So another way to modify the contents of our file…let's save and let's go out to the file system…and see how this looks in the browser.…So here in the file system,…I'm inside the folder for chapter 3.…
- What is XML?
- Advantages and drawbacks of XML
- Proper XML syntax
- Working with XML namespaces
- Styling XML tags
- Discovering and creating document content
- Manipulating XML content using XPath and XSLT
- Document type definitions and XML schema
Skill Level Beginner
Learn API Documentation with JSON and XMLwith Peter Gruenbaum1h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. XML Overview
3. Working with XML
4. Manipulating XML with the DOM
5. XML and XPath
6. XML and XSLT
7. XSLT Examples
8. Document Type Definitions
9. XML Schema
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.