Join Joe Marini for an in-depth discussion in this video Extracting and manipulating data, part of XML Essential Training (2014).
…In this example, we're going to see how to use the DOM…to extract and manipulate some document…content, building on what we've already learned.…So here in the ExampleSnippets, scroll down to…the Extracting and Manipulating Data section right here.…And open up DOMExample2_start.…And you can see that this example is kind of similar to the previous one,…where we've got some XML data embedded in the document,…and we've got some divs that we've added here now.…
And what we're doing is waiting for the window to load.…And when the window loads, we're going to call the populateFields function.…
- What is XML?
- The advantages and drawbacks of XML
- Proper XML syntax
- Working with namespaces
- Styling XML tags with CSS
- Extracting and manipulating data
- Taking XPath and XSLT for a spin
- Creating document type definitions and schema definitions
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. How Developers Use XML
Real-world examples of XML6m 21s
3. Basic Rules of XML
4. Starting to Work with XML
5. Using the DOM to Manipulate XML
6. XML and XPath
7. XML and XSLT
8. XSLT Examples
9. Creating Document Type Definitions (DTDs)
10. Creating XML Schema Definitions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.