- [Instructor] In this example we'll see…how to declare elements with Schema.…Now XML Schema is a fairly complex subject…and it's another one of those things…that could probably fill an entire course by itself.…So I'm not going to go into every possible feature…that Schema provides.…However, by the end of this chapter…you should know enough to be able to generate…some pretty sophisticated XML Schema documents…to validate your content.…By the time we reach the end of this chapter…we'll see how we can use Schema…to build a validation file for the business card example…that we've been using in the course.…
So as I mentioned earlier, elements are declared…using the element tag in the Schema file.…And elements can be declared as either having a simple…or a complex type.…These types can either be built-in,…which means they are already defined for you by Schema,…or your Schema file can define your own custom types.…Just like with DTDs,…you can declare elements that have mixed,…empty, or element content.…Elements can also be given a minimum…
- What is XML?
- Advantages and drawbacks of XML
- Proper XML syntax
- Working with XML namespaces
- Styling XML tags
- Discovering and creating document content
- Manipulating XML content using XPath and XSLT
- Document type definitions and XML schema
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. XML Overview
3. Working with XML
4. Manipulating XML with the DOM
5. XML and XPath
6. XML and XSLT
7. XSLT Examples
8. Document Type Definitions
9. XML Schema
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.