Join Joe Marini for an in-depth discussion in this video Declaring attributes, part of XML Essential Training.
- [Speaker] Declaring attributes in a DTD,…is accomplished in much the same fashion…as declaring elements.…All attributes that you are intending to use…in a document that is going to be validated by a DTD,…have to be declared via an attribute list declaration.…An attribute list declaration looks like this.…It has an opening angle bracket with an exclamation point,…followed by the capital word ATTLIST,…and is closed by a closing angle bracket.…The element name is the name of the element…that you are defining the attributes be used on.…
The attribute name is the name of the attribute,…the type is the attributes type,…and I will get to those in a moment,…and the default declaration defines…how the attribute behaves under default situations,…and I will also get to that in a bit.…The attribute type can be one of three types.…There's the string type, which is indicated by the CDATA…keyword, which is all capitals.…This means the attribute can be any literal string,…and you can just type in the value for the attribute.…
- What is XML?
- Advantages and drawbacks of XML
- Proper XML syntax
- Working with XML namespaces
- Styling XML tags
- Discovering and creating document content
- Manipulating XML content using XPath and XSLT
- Document type definitions and XML schema
Skill Level Beginner
Learn API Documentation with JSON and XMLwith Peter Gruenbaum1h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. XML Overview
3. Working with XML
4. Manipulating XML with the DOM
5. XML and XPath
6. XML and XSLT
7. XSLT Examples
8. Document Type Definitions
9. XML Schema
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.