Join Joe Marini for an in-depth discussion in this video Declaring attributes, part of XML Essential Training.
- Now that we have looked at declaring elements with Schema,…let's take a look at how we would declare attributes.…Like elements, attributes are declared using their…own element in Schema and that happens…to be the xsd attribute tag.…Attributes, unlike elements are always simple types.…There's no complex types for attributes in Schema.…Any of the simple types that you saw in the earlier…tables I showed can be used for elements.…It can also be used for attributes.…Recall from that table, we had values, such as string…and boolean and date and youri and so on.…
Any of those types you can use in attribute declarations.…Here's an example.…This tag declares an attribute named age…and it's type is an integer.…In addition to the name and the type,…you can place an attribute called use on your attribute.…Use can have one of three values.…It can either be optional, when in which case…the attribute can be either included…or almated in your date, it can be required,…which means the attribute has to be there,…otherwise it's an error, or it can be prohibited,…
- What is XML?
- Advantages and drawbacks of XML
- Proper XML syntax
- Working with XML namespaces
- Styling XML tags
- Discovering and creating document content
- Manipulating XML content using XPath and XSLT
- Document type definitions and XML schema
Skill Level Beginner
Learn API Documentation with JSON and XMLwith Peter Gruenbaum1h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. XML Overview
3. Working with XML
4. Manipulating XML with the DOM
5. XML and XPath
6. XML and XSLT
7. XSLT Examples
8. Document Type Definitions
9. XML Schema
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.