- [Instructor] Now we're going to us XML schema…to define a schema file for our business card example.…So let's open up the business card XML file…and let's also open up the businesscard_start.xsd file.…I've also included a finished version of the schema file…in case you want to just jump ahead and try it out.…So let's go back to the XML file…and you can see here, the XML file,…this is the business card that we've been using…up until now and let's start by writing the definition…for the business card over in our schema file.…
So I'll begin by writing the definition…for the business card and of course it's…going to be an element.…So I'll start with xsd element.…And the name is going to be business card.…That's our root tag.…Alright, and it's going to be a complex type.…So I'll put a complex type in here.…So inside the complex type we're going to define…a sequence because our business card is a sequence of tags.…
So there's a name tag followed by one or more phone tags…followed by an email tag.…So that's how we're going to define our schema in here.…
- What is XML?
- Advantages and drawbacks of XML
- Proper XML syntax
- Working with XML namespaces
- Styling XML tags
- Discovering and creating document content
- Manipulating XML content using XPath and XSLT
- Document type definitions and XML schema
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. XML Overview
3. Working with XML
4. Manipulating XML with the DOM
5. XML and XPath
6. XML and XSLT
7. XSLT Examples
8. Document Type Definitions
9. XML Schema
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.