- [Instructor] I'm going to wrap up this chapter…by showing you a practical example,…built using the DOM APIs that we have looked at so far…to implement a cafe menu where a user can take a look…at prices of items on a menu,…and figure out what their bill will be…before they ever come over and eat with us.…So let's bring up JoesCafe.html in the Browser.…So I'll go up to the system,…and let's go ahead and bring this up in Firefox.…All right, and so you can see that this…is a menu of items for some fictional cafe.…
And if we scroll down, you can see…that there are some controls down here…for calculating a bill, and here's our text box,…I've got a checkbox here for highlighting vegetarian meals.…So what I can do is check some checkboxes…over here in the Select column.…And you can see that each item…has a price associated with it.…And when I click on the Calculate Bill button,…it adds up all the items that I checked…and shows me what the bill is going to be.…I can also click the checkbox,…which will highlight meals that are vegetarian.…
- What is XML?
- Advantages and drawbacks of XML
- Proper XML syntax
- Working with XML namespaces
- Styling XML tags
- Discovering and creating document content
- Manipulating XML content using XPath and XSLT
- Document type definitions and XML schema
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. XML Overview
3. Working with XML
4. Manipulating XML with the DOM
5. XML and XPath
6. XML and XSLT
7. XSLT Examples
8. Document Type Definitions
9. XML Schema
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.