Join Joe Marini for an in-depth discussion in this video Advantages and drawbacks of XML, part of XML Essential Training.
- [Facilitator] Just like any other technology,…XML has its advantages and drawbacks.…XML has several advantages.…First, XML keeps content separate from presentation.…You can take the data that your application uses…and store it separately from how it's presented to users.…That way, regardless of what kind of presentation medium…you're using, whether it's mobile or desktop or print media,…you can just simply flow the data into various layouts,…and you can maintain a good separation between…the content from how it's presented.…XML is also an open format that can be read…by many applications, and many applications today…have also the ability to output XML, like Microsoft Office.…
So, because it's an open format, you can store your data…in a way that can be read by many different applications,…even those that haven't been written yet.…XML can be used on both the client and the server,…because remember, it's just a data format.…Today's modern browsers, like Firefox, Chrome,…Edge, Safari, can work with XML data.…
- What is XML?
- Advantages and drawbacks of XML
- Proper XML syntax
- Working with XML namespaces
- Styling XML tags
- Discovering and creating document content
- Manipulating XML content using XPath and XSLT
- Document type definitions and XML schema
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. XML Overview
3. Working with XML
4. Manipulating XML with the DOM
5. XML and XPath
6. XML and XSLT
7. XSLT Examples
8. Document Type Definitions
9. XML Schema
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.