- [Teacher] So far we've seen how to style XML code…using CSS and have the browser…to display the contents of XML tags…instead of the XML document tree.…But the problem that we run into…is that we don't have a way to put the labels…in front of the content of the XML that's being styled.…In this exercise we're going to see…how to do that using CSS.…So I'm going to open up the businesscard_style_CSS2 file.…Now you can see I've made a couple of changes…from the previous business card example.…First, I've changed the root tag…from business card to business cards,…and I did that because I want to have a container…that can hold more than one business card.…
And you can see here I've copied the first business card…and pasted it down at the bottom…so that there's more than one in the file.…Next change I've made is that I've introduced…a new attribute called primary…for the various phone numbers.…So what we're going to do now is write some CSS code…that's going to put labels in front of the content…in the XML file.…So let's open up businesscard_CSS2.css.…
- What is XML?
- Advantages and drawbacks of XML
- Proper XML syntax
- Working with XML namespaces
- Styling XML tags
- Discovering and creating document content
- Manipulating XML content using XPath and XSLT
- Document type definitions and XML schema
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. XML Overview
3. Working with XML
4. Manipulating XML with the DOM
5. XML and XPath
6. XML and XSLT
7. XSLT Examples
8. Document Type Definitions
9. XML Schema
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.