Join Demian Borba for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating CC Libraries, part of Adobe XD CC Essential Training: Design (2018).
- [Instructor] We created Adobe XD…to be a hub for the UX designer…to create amazing experiences, amazing designs,…but you will be Photoshop.…You will never be Illustrator.…So anytime we need more complex bitmap editing,…you go to Photoshop.…Anytime you need more complex vectors,…then you go to Illustrator,…and the way you bring those assets back into XD…is via CC Libraries, Creative Cloud Libraries.…So now let's learn you can create…Creative Cloud Libraries in Photoshop.…So I'll jump here in Photoshop,…and you can go to window, libraries.…
Here I have a couple libraries.…To create a new one you can click on this little icon,…create new library, and let's call it New App.…You can create the library.…I'll move this banner to the side…so you can see it better,…and as of now I have nothing here.…It's an empty library.…I can add colors, character styles, and bitmaps.…Here to add a new map,…let's say I want to add this map image,…to add this map into the library…to be used in XD, all I got to do…is click on the layer or a group…
- Setting up artboards
- Using square and layout grids
- Creating and editing vector shapes
- Working with masks
- Using symbols with text and image overrides
- Visually repeating elements with the new Repeat Grid
- Using the new Assets panel to manage colors and character styles
- Creating and consuming bitmaps and vectors from CC Libraries
Skill Level Beginner
Designing and Prototyping a Mobile App with Adobe XDwith Paul Trani1h 24m Intermediate
Designing and Prototyping a Website with Adobe XDwith Paul Trani1h 25m Intermediate
Building and Maintaining Your UX Design Portfoliowith Diane Cronenwett15m 54s Appropriate for all
1. Get Started with Adobe XD
2. Design Mode Basics
3. Design Mode for Power Users
4. Connecting with CC Libraries
Creating CC Libraries2m 56s
Next Steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.