Join Demian Borba for an in-depth discussion in this video Bring in vectors from other tools, part of Adobe XD CC Essential Training: Design (2018).
- You saw you could bring images from the browser,…and from Finder or Windows Explorer, just by dragging them.…You can also go to File>Import and bring those bitmaps in.…But when it's time to bring vectors in,…there is a little trick.…You always have to make sure…you're putting SVG on the clipboard.…For example, if you use the famous Noun Project…to search for something, let's say, surf.…You can search for an icon.…Then if you need to bring these icons into XD,…you can select one you like, right click on it,…and then you have to Copy>S>SVG.…
Now you have SVG on the clip board, and if you paste,…this will come as a vector.…So this how you bring from the Noun Project.…If you're working with Illustrator,…here I have a lot of icons.…I can select the one I want, say I want the heart.…Illustrator puts SVG as you copy it.…So, if you select it and you copy, come and see.…As soon as you paste into XD, it comes as SVG,…and you can play with the vector, right from here.…
And the last step that I'd like to show is Sketch.…
- Setting up artboards
- Using square and layout grids
- Creating and editing vector shapes
- Working with masks
- Using symbols with text and image overrides
- Visually repeating elements with the new Repeat Grid
- Using the new Assets panel to manage colors and character styles
- Creating and consuming bitmaps and vectors from CC Libraries
Skill Level Beginner
Designing and Prototyping a Mobile App with Adobe XDwith Paul Trani1h 24m Intermediate
Designing and Prototyping a Website with Adobe XDwith Paul Trani1h 25m Intermediate
Building and Maintaining Your UX Design Portfoliowith Diane Cronenwett15m 54s Appropriate for all
1. Get Started with Adobe XD
2. Design Mode Basics
3. Design Mode for Power Users
4. Connecting with CC Libraries
Creating CC Libraries2m 56s
Next Steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.