Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with lenses with a manual focus clutch, part of Fuji X-T1: Tips and Techniques.
- Some Fuji prime lenses, such as the 23 millimeter,…16 millimeter, and 14 millimeter feature a manual…focus clutch.…On these lenses, the manual focus ring…doesn't actually turn, eh eh, until you pull it back…towards the camera.…This move also activates manual focus mode on the camera…regardless of where the focus switch is set on the…camera's body.…Now what's nice about this feature is it makes it very easy…to switch between auto and manual focus without taking your…hands from the lens.…
Any focusing aids are activated automatically…when you pull the ring back.…Because the focus ring is locked until you pull…the clutch back, this is actually the only way to get…these lenses into manual focus mode.…If you flip the manual focus switch on the front of…the camera it doesn't do you any good because…you still can't, you don't have any way of turning the lens…because it doesn't turn until you pull it backwards.…So this is the only way to get into manual focus from here.…AF plus MF will still work with these lenses,…
In this course, photographer and educator Ben Long demonstrates a set of customization strategies aimed at making the Fuji X-T1 far more responsive and effective. That way, you can focus on composition and creativity, and let your camera handle the rest.
- Using the viewfinder and LCD
- Understanding the F and E locks
- Improving focus on the Fuji X-T1
- Choosing third-stop shutter speeds
- Exploring shallow depth of field
- Spot metering
- Exploring autofocus modes
- Controlling JPEG and RAW image results
- Customizing menus and buttons
- Working with lenses and accessories