Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Taking note of a few other settings on the Fuji X-T1, part of Fuji X-T1: Tips and Techniques.
- There are a couple of other settings that…are worth looking at on the X-T1.…These are a few configurations that you'll…probably only need to set once.…You may already know about them, but it's worth checking…in to make sure that you have them configured properly.…First, it's worth ensuring that you're running…the latest version of the X-T1 firmware.…Firmware is simply the software…that's running inside the camera.…If you hold down the DISP/back button while you power on…the camera, you'll see a readout of the current firmware…version of both your camera body and your lens.…
Here's where the current firmware versions for all of…Fuji's X system hardware lives on the web.…If you find that your camera or one of your…lenses aren't running the latest version,…then it's probably worth upgrading.…The update process is very simple and it's…well documented on the Fuji site.…I say that it's probably worth upgrading because on…one occasion in the X-T1's history, a firmware update was…released that had a minor, very rare bug in it.…
In this course, photographer and educator Ben Long demonstrates a set of customization strategies aimed at making the Fuji X-T1 far more responsive and effective. That way, you can focus on composition and creativity, and let your camera handle the rest.
- Using the viewfinder and LCD
- Understanding the F and E locks
- Improving focus on the Fuji X-T1
- Choosing third-stop shutter speeds
- Exploring shallow depth of field
- Spot metering
- Exploring autofocus modes
- Controlling JPEG and RAW image results
- Customizing menus and buttons
- Working with lenses and accessories