Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting custom buttons on the Fuji X-T1, part of Fuji X-T1: Tips and Techniques.
- The X-T1 has a lot of buttons on it and a lot…of them are unlabeled.…But that's because those buttons…are editable, you can change them…to any one of 23 different functions…which gives you a lot of customization options.…Here are the buttons you can customize.…The D pad buttons on the back of the camera…the wifi button on the top of the camera,…the movie start button on the top of the camera,…and this button on the front of the camera…that you may not have ever noticed before.…It's flush against the camera body…but you can easily reach it with your forefinger…while you're shooting.…
There are, I believe, four different ways…to customize these buttons, I'm going to show you…two of them because they're easy and because…why do you really need to know four?…If you press and hold the disp back button…the camera will eventually pop up the,…there we go, the function setting page…which allows you to scroll through each…button and choose a function as you go.…This is a great way to be reminded…of which buttons are customizable…
In this course, photographer and educator Ben Long demonstrates a set of customization strategies aimed at making the Fuji X-T1 far more responsive and effective. That way, you can focus on composition and creativity, and let your camera handle the rest.
- Using the viewfinder and LCD
- Understanding the F and E locks
- Improving focus on the Fuji X-T1
- Choosing third-stop shutter speeds
- Exploring shallow depth of field
- Spot metering
- Exploring autofocus modes
- Controlling JPEG and RAW image results
- Customizing menus and buttons
- Working with lenses and accessories