Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Fuji X-T1 Tips and Techniques.
- View Offline
- There are a lot of things to familiarize yourself with…on this camera.…You're gonna wanna get familiar with metering modes,…autofocus modes, learning how to customize the camera,…all these things that we've talked about.…They're all important, and it's worth spending time…with everything we've discussed here.…But what's really gonna make you better…at this camera is using it.…This is an instrument.…You gotta practice with it.…Your hands are going to learn more about the camera…than your brain is going to learn all this theory,…and the only way you get that…is to take what we've covered here,…start playing around with it,…and get out in the field with it, and shoot some images.…
In this course, photographer and educator Ben Long demonstrates a set of customization strategies aimed at making the Fuji X-T1 far more responsive and effective. That way, you can focus on composition and creativity, and let your camera handle the rest.
- Using the viewfinder and LCD
- Understanding the F and E locks
- Improving focus on the Fuji X-T1
- Choosing third-stop shutter speeds
- Exploring shallow depth of field
- Spot metering
- Exploring autofocus modes
- Controlling JPEG and RAW image results
- Customizing menus and buttons
- Working with lenses and accessories