Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Battery life in the Fuji X-T1, part of Fuji X-T1 Tips and Techniques.
- I love my X-T1.…I love this camera.…It shoots great images, I love the interface.…It's really small, it's really light weight.…I will carry it at times when I would never have…carried my SLR and this is not rationalization,…I really really like this camera.…The battery life is terrible.…It's astonishing.…I'm still shocked by it.…If you're new to the camera,…if you haven't shot much with it,…you may not have encountered this yet.…But, the battery life seems to be engineered…so that, just when you're getting ready to…shoot something really spectacular,…you'll start getting a battery warning.…
Really it's maddening.…That may sound hyperbolic, but it's happened…to me a few different times.…So, if you haven't gone out shooting a lot…with this camera, know that you're going…to have to invest in some more batteries.…There's just no way around it.…If you're going out for an hour or two that's one thing.…If you're going on an overnight trip, if you're going…to go shoot somewhere heavy, if you're going to go…shooting conditions that are hard on batteries,…
In this course, photographer and educator Ben Long demonstrates a set of customization strategies aimed at making the Fuji X-T1 far more responsive and effective. That way, you can focus on composition and creativity, and let your camera handle the rest.
- Using the viewfinder and LCD
- Understanding the F and E locks
- Improving focus on the Fuji X-T1
- Choosing third-stop shutter speeds
- Exploring shallow depth of field
- Spot metering
- Exploring autofocus modes
- Controlling JPEG and RAW image results
- Customizing menus and buttons
- Working with lenses and accessories