Explore tactics that can take you to the summit of flawless writing. Learn how to tap into the power of the four levels—narrative, paragraphs, sentences, and words—to make your writing stand out.
- Hello guys, and welcome to Ninja Writing, which is my latest writing course. In Ninja Writing, I'll be breaking down writing into four distinct levels that you should focus on. And the first of those levels is the narrative, and by that I mean, y'know, the basic, the whole thing, the whole piece of writing that you're doing. There's a whole way of looking at that, building narratives, which I'm gonna help you to understand how to create a really orderly and sophisticated narrative through various techniques that I have picked up myself.
The second level is the level of paragraphs, and I'm gonna teach you how to recognize different paragraph styles and incorporate the most appropriate one for the kind of thing that you are writing. Gonna zoom in a little bit closer then to the sentence level of your writing, and in that level we're gonna look at how to construct really elegant sentences, how to apply concepts like rhythm to your writing, and to even create poetic sentences. How to sharpen sentences, how to tighten sentences. So there's gonna be a bunch of tactics there, real subtle refinements that you can make to the sentence level of your writing to give it even more impact.
And finally, we're gonna look at the word level, and how to choose very precise words, how to choose colorful words, how to use words that kind of are evocative. So I'm gonna teach you a bunch of tactics on the word level as well that are gonna bring that into a sharper focus. So putting those four levels together, we're really doing some advanced engineering on your writing, and once you know these techniques, which are used by some of the world's best writers on, y'know, publications like The Economist, on the Wall Street Journal, and places like that, that are really gonna make a big difference to the kind of writing you might do, whether it's blogs, whether it's writing website copy, whether it's writing marketing, whether it's writing essays, any kind of business writing that you're doing, y'know, this is gonna make a big difference.
Now, I'm gonna embed these concepts in your mind by giving you explanations, by giving you examples, and by giving you exercises to do as well, so this is all gonna go straight down into your mind so that you can use these concepts whenever you are writing something. Believe me, this is gonna take your writing to the top of the learning curve, as I see it, and these enhancements at these refined levels are really gonna, when you put all this stuff together, people will notice the dramatic difference in the quality of your writing, and I'm pretty sure that you're gonna realize this for yourself, as well as other people are gonna start realizing it about your work.
So, looking forward to teaching this course to you. Let's get started.
- Kickstarting and organizing a narrative
- Writing killer intros
- Different paragraph styles
- Sharpening sentences
- Producing poetic sentences
- Choosing precise words
- Words that sound good together
- How to boost your vocabulary