- Describe the benefits of studying examples of white papers in your field before writing one.
- Cite the rules for using graphics in a white paper.
- Explain the different parts of a white paper.
- Cite how to incorporate outside materials into a white paper.
- Recall the protocol for quoting someone in a white paper.
Skill Level Beginner
- White papers engage the reader in a thoughtful chat about complex issues. They require research and thought, and so they can be intimidating to start. But don't worry, because this course breaks them down so you'll have a clear path from beginning to end. We'll look at various formats and styles with an eye toward choosing one that presents your ideas as you want them to be seen. Then we'll launch into the nitty gritty of actually producing a sample paper. From gathering materials through the final review.
We won't write the entire text in this course, instead you'll see how to create the scaffolding on which a subject matter expert can build. White papers demonstrate credibility where it's needed in the eyes of those who matter to you. And the process of putting one together strengthens your entire business strategy.