- Define the structure and uses of a business case.
- Write effective executive summaries.
- Explain the components of a problem definition.
- Describe how to articulate the benefits of an idea.
- Estimate financial results and identify measurements of success.
- Describe how to outline risks and opportunities.
- Create milestones.
Skill Level Intermediate
- You're excited! You have an idea for how you can improve your business. When you take your idea forward, they say, you need to submit a business case. What do you do? I'm Mike Figliuolo, Managing Director at thoughtLEADERS. I've written, submitted, and approved hundreds of business cases for all different types of initiatives. In this course, I'll explain standard business case structure, how to define the problem, how to explain your idea, capturing the benefits of your idea, building the financial plan, assessing risks and opportunities, implementing your plan, and measuring results.
I'll offer several examples of what goes into these sections to give you a sense of what a good business case looks like. I'll also share stories about business cases that have gone well and some that have gone poorly. The concepts in this course should help you write clearer and more compelling business cases that your stakeholders will approve. Let's write a business case.