Understand who the course is for and exactly what problems it can help solve—whether you’re under the gun on an article, blog post, press release, cover letter, one-pager or just a really scary email that has to be done today.
- This course is designed for any professional with a writing project and a deadline looming, whether it's one-time job, or something you do fairly regularly. From planning and organizing your work to executing it and submitting it on time, you'll be able to apply the tips and tools in this course to almost any kind of writing. Blog posts, press releases, quarterly reports. While you'll find handy tips on structuring your piece, important advice on keeping your message focused, and useful insight on crafting a cohesive, compelling message, this isn't a course about the nuts and bolts of writing, like, syntax, style and grammar.
It's a, how to manage a writing project with limited time course. Deadline writing is challenging, even for great writers. So, if you need to brush up on your writing skills first, I recommend watching Grammar Fundamentals, Writing in Plain English, and Writing Fundamentals: The Craft of Story.
- Setting expectations for your assignment
- Establishing a timeline
- Accelerating your work with productivity tools
- Clarifying your points before writing
- Quickly organizing your ideas
- Staying focused on a deadline
- Keeping your writing compelling and cohesive
- Writing efficiently
- Polishing your writing