- Incorporating visuals into your quickstart guide
- Basing your quickstart guide on input from users
- Addressing your user directly
- Writing clear headings
- Using plain language
- Checking your quickstart guide for accuracy
Skill Level Intermediate
- When people just need a little help or a short answer, they won't take on a 75-page document, no matter how beautifully written. That's where a quick start guide comes in handy. It's short, easy to read, and focused on helping users get started with your product, service or tool. I'm Leslie O'Flahavan, and I'm glad you're taking this course on how to write a quick start guide. I'm an experienced writing teacher and a plain language consultant. I specialize in helping companies write helpful content for all types of customers and users.
I'm eager to roll up my sleeves and help you write a quick start guide your readers can use right away. By taking this course and completing the hands-on exercises and challenges, you'll be on your way to becoming a great technical writer. So let's get started.