Join Tom Geller for an in-depth discussion in this video References for next-level writing, part of Writing White Papers.
- Congratulations on learning how to write white papers.…You've picked up skills not only in writing…but also in research, how to frame issues…and how to involve others in a long form publishing project…but creating the white paper is only the beginning.…Now you want to get it into the hands…of the right people.…For that I recommend you check out some of our many courses…on content marketing.…A good place to start is with Content Marketing Foundations.…Also consider how the content that you produced here…can be reused in other formats…by watching such courses as Content Marketing: Blogs,…Content Marketing: Slides,…and Content Marketing: Social Media.…
A white paper is really just one kind of project.…Improving your project management skills…will naturally make future white papers easier to produce…and again, we have lots of courses in this space…such as Project management Foundations: Schedules…and Project Management Foundations: Small Projects.…If you have trouble getting the words on paper,…consider looking at some of our other writing courses…
- Describe the benefits of studying examples of white papers in your field before writing one.
- Cite the rules for using graphics in a white paper.
- Explain the different parts of a white paper.
- Cite how to incorporate outside materials into a white paper.
- Recall the protocol for quoting someone in a white paper.