- [Instructor] And now we come to Part 3 of the query letter…where you will tell the agent why he or she…is the absolute perfect agent for your novel.…This is where you'll put a personal note…to each agent you query about why you're querying them.…We're going to talk about researching agents…in more detail in the next section.…So for now, simply reserve a space here…for a customized message to the agent…who will be receiving your query letter.…Now, by the time your reader gets through…these parts of your query letter,…they should be practically screaming, yes, I love it.…
I'm intrigued.…I'm glad you chose me and want to know what happens next.…I have to read this book.…Or, in other words, they want more.…Mission accomplished.…
- Comparing traditional publishing and self-publishing
- Writing and revising your novel
- Finding an agent
- Perfecting your pitch
- Writing a query letter
- Researching agents
- Submitting to agents
- Reading your book contract
- Negotiating advances and royalties
- Understanding the publishing process
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of the Publishing Process
Why I created this course2m 32s
2. Writing and Revising Your Novel
3. Introduction to Literary Agents
4. Creating and Perfecting Your Pitch
5. Writing Your Query Letter
6. Researching Agents
7. Submitting to Agents
8. Selling Your Novel
9. Navigating Your First Book Contract
10. The Publishing Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.