Learn how to write a compelling business case that accurately communicates the value of your project to your stakeholders.
- You're excited! You have an idea for how you can improve your business. When you take your idea forward, they say, you need to submit a business case. What do you do? I'm Mike Figliuolo, Managing Director at thoughtLEADERS. I've written, submitted, and approved hundreds of business cases for all different types of initiatives. In this course, I'll explain standard business case structure, how to define the problem, how to explain your idea, capturing the benefits of your idea, building the financial plan, assessing risks and opportunities, implementing your plan, and measuring results.
I'll offer several examples of what goes into these sections to give you a sense of what a good business case looks like. I'll also share stories about business cases that have gone well and some that have gone poorly. The concepts in this course should help you write clearer and more compelling business cases that your stakeholders will approve. Let's write a business case.
- Structuring a business case
- Capturing administrative information
- Crafting your idea
- Articulating an idea's benefits
- Making the investment case
- Defining resource needs
- Assessing risks and opportunities
- Creating milestones and measuring results