The business case examples included in the exercise files show typical business case structure. They also include a few completed business cases to give you an idea of what a business case might look like. They're not comprehensive examples—they're more illustrations of what type of content to include in each section.
- The business case examples included in the exercise files for this course show a typical business case structure. I've included both a blank template, as well as a few completed business cases to give you an idea of what a business case might look like. They're not comprehensive examples. They're more illustrations of what type of content to include in each section of the business case. Get the standard business case template for your organization and compare it to the ones in the exercise files.
Know what additional information your organization is asking for. You should also ask colleagues for examples of good and bad business cases, ones that have been approved and disapproved. That'll give you a sense for the expectations of how rigorous and in-depth your business case needs to be to get approved in your organization. I hope you find these exercise files helpful.
- Define the structure and uses of a business case.
- Write effective executive summaries.
- Explain the components of a problem definition.
- Describe how to articulate the benefits of an idea.
- Estimate financial results and identify measurements of success.
- Describe how to outline risks and opportunities.
- Create milestones.