(gentle music)…- Congratulations.…You've reached the end of this course…on selling your novel to a major publisher.…It's been such an honor to guide you…in your publishing journey.…You now have everything you need to move forward…in your writing career and sell your first novel.…Getting your first book published…can be a long and strenuous process,…but I encourage you not to give up.…Remember you can always come back to this course,…the PDF handouts and exercises, and your notes…when you need a refresher or a renewed boost of motivation.…
I wish you the best of luck in your writing endeavor,…and I look forward to seeing your book on the shelf…at my local book store.…
- Comparing traditional publishing and self-publishing
- Writing and revising your novel
- Finding an agent
- Perfecting your pitch
- Writing a query letter
- Researching agents
- Submitting to agents
- Reading your book contract
- Negotiating advances and royalties
- Understanding the publishing process
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of the Publishing Process
Why I created this course2m 32s
2. Writing and Revising Your Novel
3. Introduction to Literary Agents
4. Creating and Perfecting Your Pitch
5. Writing Your Query Letter
6. Researching Agents
7. Submitting to Agents
8. Selling Your Novel
9. Navigating Your First Book Contract
10. The Publishing Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.