A realistic implementation plan will give stakeholders a sense for how long it will take to execute your initiative as well as an help them see when they should start seeing financial impact. This doesn't have to be an extremely detailed task list but it should encompass major phases of the initiative.
- A realistic implementation plan will give stakeholders…a sense for how long it will take…to execute your initiative, as well as help them see…when they should start seeing financial impact.…This doesn't have to be an extremely detailed task list,…but it should encompass the major phases of the initiative.…Include events like the approval of the business case.…Add things like the first build of the technology platform,…pilots and tests, and full rollout.…
Explain the expected time to achieve major milestones…like financial breakeven or hitting your financial targets.…For large projects, have your full project plan completed…before seeking business case approval.…That way you can answer more specific timing questions,…should they arise.…Be sure to highlight critical dependencies…that could affect timing, things like regulatory approval,…or other events you don't control could cause major delays.…
This impacts the value of your business case.…Provide a sense for what the worst-case scenario looks like…in terms of timing so there are no surprises…
- Define the structure and uses of a business case.
- Write effective executive summaries.
- Explain the components of a problem definition.
- Describe how to articulate the benefits of an idea.
- Estimate financial results and identify measurements of success.
- Describe how to outline risks and opportunities.
- Create milestones.