Join Jessica Brody for an in-depth discussion in this video Agent research tool #3, part of Sell Your Novel to a Major Publisher.
- [Instructor] We talked about this earlier, but it's worth…bringing up again.…Publisher's marketplace located at publishersmarketplace.com…is the leading online community for the publishing…industry, nearly every major publisher and literary…agency along with thousands of authors are members…of Publisher's Marketplace.…They have extensive databases of agents, editors,…publishers, authors, publishing deals, reviews, and more.…And the majority of the book deals that are made…in the publishing industry are announced here.…
Plus you can also search for book deals from specific…agents and see what they've sold recently, which means…you can easily keep track of who is selling what kind…of book to what kind of publisher.…A deal announcement in Publisher's Marketplace looks…something like this.…Jessica Brody's The Chaos of Standing Still, about two…strangers stranded in the Denver airport during a blizzard…who accidentally swap phones, setting them loose…on an unexpected, life-changing, all-night adventure…to Nicole Ellul at Simon Pulse, by Jim McCarthy…
- Comparing traditional publishing and self-publishing
- Writing and revising your novel
- Finding an agent
- Perfecting your pitch
- Writing a query letter
- Researching agents
- Submitting to agents
- Reading your book contract
- Negotiating advances and royalties
- Understanding the publishing process
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of the Publishing Process
Why I created this course2m 32s
2. Writing and Revising Your Novel
3. Introduction to Literary Agents
4. Creating and Perfecting Your Pitch
5. Writing Your Query Letter
6. Researching Agents
7. Submitting to Agents
8. Selling Your Novel
9. Navigating Your First Book Contract
10. The Publishing Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.