Learn about what you need to follow along in this course, such as a trial or working Workplace by Facebook account , as well as Internet access. You don't need experience or admin access, as this course targets end users.
- [Instructor] Here's what you'll need to follow along with me in this course. Firstly, this course is targeted to end users, the people in an organization who will use Workplace to communicate and collaborate with one another. On occasion, I will login as a user who has administrative privileges, just to give you a look from that end. To follow along with me step-by-step, you'll need to have a Workplace Premium account that you can log into. Now, there is a free Standard version that won't offer the same functionality discussed here in this course, but there is a free trial of the Premium version that can be accessed if you don't already have your own account.
Now, while you don't need to have any prior experience with Workplace nor Facebook to follow along with me, Workplace is very much like Facebook and previous experience with Facebook will give you a big jumpstart with learning Workplace. Lastly, Workplace by Facebook is Cloud-based, so, to follow along, you will definitely need an internet connection. So, what is Workplace by Facebook exactly and how do you get it? We'll discuss that next.
- What is Workplace?
- Creating and organizing groups
- Joining, leaving, or unfollowing groups
- Setting up multicompany groups
- Messaging coworkers
- Staying connected on a mobile device
- Conferencing with live video
- Sharing documents, pictures, and video
- Responding to shared items
- Creating events