Learn what Workplace by Facebook is, how it works, how it differs from Facebook, how it is like Facebook, what the advantages to using it are, the security benefits, and pricing.
- [Instructor] So, what is Workplace by Facebook,…and why would organizations want to start using it?…That's what we're going to explore in this movie.…In a sentence, Workplace by Facebook…is a social media app that brings coworkers together…to communicate and collaborate…on projects and files,…using messaging, voice, and video functionality.…Think of Workplace as an app…for connecting with colleagues and coworkers…and Facebook as the app for connecting with friends.…Workplace is very much like Facebook…in that it includes features like news feeds, groups,…messages and events,…yet it operates on its own platform,…separate from Facebook,…allowing you to keep your work life separate…from your personal life.…
Workplace includes additional functionality…not found in Facebook,…like a dashboard with analytics,…integration with single sign-on…and other existing IT systems,…and secure identity management…for approved security in the workplace.…Workplace even allows for the creation of shared spaces,…known as multi-company groups,…
- What is Workplace?
- Creating and organizing groups
- Joining, leaving, or unfollowing groups
- Setting up multicompany groups
- Messaging coworkers
- Staying connected on a mobile device
- Conferencing with live video
- Sharing documents, pictures, and video
- Responding to shared items
- Creating events
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Workplace
2. Work with People and Groups
3. Communicate with Workplace
4. Share and Collaborate
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.