Learn how to access Workplace and Work Chat on a mobile device, and navigate the various parts of those apps to get comfortable with the user interface.
- [Instructor] Using Workplace on your computer allows you to stay in touch with coworkers in your organization, but you'll also want to be able to stay in touch while on the go, and that's why installing the Workplace app on your mobile device, smartphones, and tablets will allow you to stay in touch on the go. So we're going to take a look at what it looks like to use Workplace on a mobile device. I'm logged in here on an iPad. You can see in the top right hand corner that's me, Victor, logged in. I can tap that to go to my profile, I can tap that to go to my profile, so all of the options we saw on the computer are available here.
You can see my old posts, and at any time I can go back to the main news feed by tapping the arrow you see in the top left hand corner to go back. Now from here, down at the very bottom, you can see News Feed is selected, and this is the main news feed. At the top, I can post to a specific group by tapping the name of that group. For example, if I wanted to post to User Conference, I'd simply tap User Conference at the top, opens up a window where I can start writing something, or, as you can see down below, add photos, videos, even use Live Video, something we'll be talking about in the next movie.
But let's tap cancel in the top left hand corner and just scroll down the News Feed. And you can see we have the same kind of access as we did on the computer. We can like these posts, we can comment on them if we wanted to, and if you want to go to specific groups, tap Groups down at the very bottom. This shows you access to the various groups and the ability to create a group down at the bottom of that list. Let's go over to Chat. Now, tapping Chat actually opens up a separate app. It's Work Chat. And you can see down below, we need to log into that too.
So it's a separate install on your mobile device if you want to be able to chat on your mobile devices, which you likely will want to, you'll need to install that app as well. Now, if you want to go back to Workplace, you can see in the top left hand corner access to that. Tapping it will actually take you back to Workplace the separate app. Notifications also appear down below. You can see any notifications, things that have happened in the past. And then there's More where you can get into certain settings, events, groups, et cetera.
Look at your favorites and so on. Let's go back to the News Feed. So that's a quick look at what Workplace and Work Chat look like on a mobile device. One thing you might want to do is have a live video conference. We'll talk about that next.
- What is Workplace?
- Creating and organizing groups
- Joining, leaving, or unfollowing groups
- Setting up multicompany groups
- Messaging coworkers
- Staying connected on a mobile device
- Conferencing with live video
- Sharing documents, pictures, and video
- Responding to shared items
- Creating events