Learn how to create a multi-company group in Workplace to include people from other companies who are also using Workplace in their organization.
- [Instructor] So Groups here in Workplace offer…an excellent place for members of a team…working on a project, etc., to communicate…and collaborate with one another in a reserved space.…Well what if you need to include people…who are not part of your organization?…That entails creating what's known…as a multi-company group and that's what we're going…to do right now.…It's very similar to a regular Workplace group…with a few minor differences.…Let's check it out.…We'll go to Create Group over here on the left hand side.…
Now from the list of group types,…we'll go to Multi-Company group, click there.…You'll see some information about what…a multi-company group is, working with members…who are invited from a company that uses Workplace.…The people that you invite also have to be using Workplace…in their organization and the email you use…to invite them has to be connected…to that Workplace account.…Notice In a Shared Space indicates a separate…and secure space is going to be created…where members of the group from different companies…
- What is Workplace?
- Creating and organizing groups
- Joining, leaving, or unfollowing groups
- Setting up multicompany groups
- Messaging coworkers
- Staying connected on a mobile device
- Conferencing with live video
- Sharing documents, pictures, and video
- Responding to shared items
- Creating events
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Workplace
2. Work with People and Groups
3. Communicate with Workplace
4. Share and Collaborate
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.