Learn how to join a group, either through an invitation to the group, or by finding a group and using the join button to become a member of that group. Also learn how to leave a group when you no longer wish to be a member.
- [Instructor] When you create a group here in Workplace,…you're automatically a member of that group.…But there are other ways to become part of a group.…Other people can create groups and add you…to the group member list.…You'll get a notification that you've been invited,…and in some cases you may see groups…that you would like to join and clicking the join button…is another way to become part of a group.…Depending on security and privacy,…you may need to get approval.…Let's take a look at those scenarios now.…We'll start by going up to notifications.…
When somebody adds you to a group,…there is a message that pops up on screen,…just temporarily.…Down the bottom left-hand corner typically,…indicating you've been invited to a group.…But it doesn't stay there.…You can always go back to notifications…to see that invitation.…In this case, I see one at the top.…Dahalia Landon has invited me to join the open group…called Landon Social Committee.…I can click this to go directly to that group.…I know by the notification that I've been invited…
- What is Workplace?
- Creating and organizing groups
- Joining, leaving, or unfollowing groups
- Setting up multicompany groups
- Messaging coworkers
- Staying connected on a mobile device
- Conferencing with live video
- Sharing documents, pictures, and video
- Responding to shared items
- Creating events
Skill Level Beginner
Social Selling with Salesforcewith Christine Pereira40m 38s Advanced
1. Get Started with Workplace
2. Work with People and Groups
3. Communicate with Workplace
4. Share and Collaborate
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.