Learn how to find people in your organization and their information from the contacts list, and choose to follow them to ensure that you always see their posts in your news feed. Also learn how to prioritize which person's posts you see first by changing
- [Instructor] If you're a Facebook user,…you probably know that your news feed is based…on the people and groups that you're following.…For example, if there's someone…who you never want to miss a post from, you follow them,…their posts automatically show up in your news feed.…Well, the same is true here in Workplace.…If there's someone in the organization…you never want to miss one of their posts,…you need to follow them first.…And then there's some additional options we'll talk about.…So, the first step is to follow people,…and to do that you need to find them.…
You can go over to Contacts…over here on the right hand side.…You'll see contacts in the organization.…Just go to a name.…I'm going to go to Phyllis Lucero here.…Move over, I can see that she's following me.…To follow her, I'll simply click her name…up here at the top.…From here, you can see the button to follow.…So, yes, I get all of the information I need…to see about this person.…I can see their posts down below.…But clicking Follow is going…to automatically have their posts shows up in my news feed.…
- What is Workplace?
- Creating and organizing groups
- Joining, leaving, or unfollowing groups
- Setting up multicompany groups
- Messaging coworkers
- Staying connected on a mobile device
- Conferencing with live video
- Sharing documents, pictures, and video
- Responding to shared items
- Creating events
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Workplace
2. Work with People and Groups
3. Communicate with Workplace
4. Share and Collaborate
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.