Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video A tip on adding responsive Google maps, part of WordPress DIY: Weddings and Special Events.
- One of the great features of the web…is our ability to pull in content from different sources…and display them on one page.…You can pull in images or video or audio…or interactive content like maps…which is what we're going to do right now.…I've created this page called Guest Info…that will be displayed only to invited guests…that has all the information about the wedding…and the reception including times and locations.…To make this page more useful,…I want to add in Google Maps…that point specifically at where we're going to go.…
Here we have 3 pm: Ceremony at Carmel Point…so I want to add a map for Carmel Point…and then further down…we have 5 pm: Reception at Casanova Restaurant…so I also want to add a map for Casanova Restaurant.…I can do that by pulling that content in from Google.…Let me show you how to do just that,…find a map on Google…and pull it in to your WordPress pages…or WordPress posts.…First, I go to maps.google.com…and from here I can make searches for…either locations or addresses.…
I'm going to search for Carmel Point.…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Making a content inventory
- Finding, installing, and activating the right theme for your site
- Setting up menus and other configuration options
- Using plugins to add features like a gallery or guestbook
- Launching your WordPress site
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with Genesis for WordPresswith Carrie Dils52m 21s Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Wedding Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
Securing your site5m 6s
Going Further with WordPress
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.