Using the free Custom Post Type UI plugin you can set up advanced custom post types and taxonomies from within WordPress admin without writing a single line of code.
- [Instructor] Since this course was first released,…I've gotten several requests to include…a less code heavy method for creating…and managing custom post types and taxonomies.…In response I've created this new chapter…where we look at the custom post types UI plugin…as an alternative to hand coding everything.…When adding custom post types and taxonomies to your site…you have two options.…Either use an exiting plugin like Custom Post Type UI…and manage your custom post types and taxonomies…from within WordPress admin,…or write the code yourself to create…a truly custom experience.…
Both these approaches generate roughly the same results…but do so in very different ways.…For developers, writing your own custom post types…and taxonomies in code is the right way to go…and we'll cover that in the next chapter.…During this you can fully customize…everything and create any solution you want.…If on the other hand you just need to quickly set up…a custom post type or a taxonomy…and you don't need any advanced custom features,…
- What are WordPress custom post types and taxonomies
- Creating and testing the plugin
- Creating posts with custom post types
- Building basic custom taxonomies
- Creating custom post type templates
- Including custom post types in the front page index
Skill Level Advanced
Q: This course was updated on 06/22/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover the Custom Post Type UI plugin; creating custom taxonomies; exporting and importing custom post types, taxonomies, and settings; and making custom post types and custom taxonomies available from the REST API.
1. Understanding Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
2. Creating a Plugin for Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
3. Creating Custom Post Types
4. Creating Custom Taxonomies
5. Creating Custom Post Type Templates
6. Working with Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
7. Going Further with Custom Post Types
Thank you!1m 35s
8. Tying Custom Post Types and Taxonomies to a theme
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.