Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Work with third-party services, part of WordPress Ecommerce: Easy Digital Downloads.
- [Instructor] Most likely, as a store owner,…you're going to want to connect your store…to different services.…It could be an accounting service, an analytic service,…a marketing service, or an email service, or something else.…There's an infinite amount of tools…that you can use with your online store.…There are two basic ways to connect…a service with your website.…The first is a direct API connection.…That means there is either a bit of code on your website…or code on the service's website…that connects your website to the service.…
The second is to connect to one service…that I like to call an integration hub.…And through that one service, all of the other services…are connected to your website.…A good example for a direct connection…is the MailChimp add-on for Easy Digital Downloads.…We'll look at this in an upcoming video,…but what you need to know is that the code in the add-on,…plus a few settings, connects your website to MailChimp.…There are almost always a few custom…coded solutions like this,…but, eventually, you'll want to connect to a solution…
- What is Easy Digital Downloads (EDD)?
- Setting up WordPress for ecommerce
- Installing EDD
- Configuring payment options
- Setting up taxes
- Adding product data
- Testing the customer experience
- Working with third-party services
- Creating reports and discount codes
Skill Level Beginner
WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommercewith Patrick Rauland2h 25m Beginner
WordPress: Customizing WooCommerce Themeswith Patrick Rauland1h 24m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Download and configure EDD2m 56s
2. Adding Products
3. Additional Product Types
4. Setting Up Payment
5. Setting Up Taxes
6. Customizing Your Theme
7. Connecting to Services
8. EDD Settings
9. Managing Sales
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.