Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Work with product data, part of WordPress Ecommerce: Easy Digital Downloads.
- [Instructor] We've done all the essential…things for the product, but there's still…a bunch of settings that we can tweak to make…our product pages more useful.…First things first, I want to talk…about categories and tags.…So let me go up here to Edit Download…and over here on the right hand side,…we can see categories and tags.…If you have more than one product,…I recommend you look into these.…It helps your users and it's good for SEO.…I'll add a category by clicking on…Add New Download Category.…
And now we can type in the title.…Since my site has ebooks and blueprints,…I'm just going to create one right now…and call it ebooks.…And click Add New Download Category.…This will create a category and add it to our product.…If we save our product and go to the product page,…we can see what happened.…Go to Update, and back to our product page.…You'll notice we don't actually see anything.…However, there is still some use here.…
If we go back to the admin, we can go to Downloads,…Categories, and now we can see all of our categories…
- What is Easy Digital Downloads (EDD)?
- Setting up WordPress for ecommerce
- Installing EDD
- Configuring payment options
- Setting up taxes
- Adding product data
- Testing the customer experience
- Working with third-party services
- Creating reports and discount codes
Skill Level Beginner
WordPress: Customizing WooCommerce Themeswith Patrick Rauland1h 24m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Download and configure EDD2m 56s
2. Adding Products
3. Additional Product Types
4. Setting Up Payment
5. Setting Up Taxes
6. Customizing Your Theme
7. Connecting to Services
8. EDD Settings
9. Managing Sales
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.