- Creating a test environment to configure WordPress Multisite
- Designing a Multisite network
- Manually creating a Multisite network
- Creating new sites
- Managing access and privacy settings
- Adding and managing users
- Managing plugins and themes across multiple sites
- Creating a site template
- Aggregating posts in a Multisite network
- Supporting students
- Exporting student sites
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Chris Mattia, and welcome to WordPress in the Classroom: Multisite. In this course you'll learn how to enable and use the hidden multisite features of WordPress. We'll begin with the basics of creating and running multiple WordPress sites contained within a single multisite network. I'll show you how to save time managing the users, plugins, and themes across several WordPress sites, all at the same time. This course focuses on empowering you, the teacher, to spend more time engaging with your students, and less time focused on the technology.
To do this we'll look at two examples of using multisite in your classroom. In the first example we'll create a core site template that perfectly fits your unique teaching style, and then use that template to quickly set up core sites for all of your classes. Next, we'll set up a multisite network that's capable of hosting sites for each of your students, empowering them to take control of their own learning. Throughout this course we'll explore several plugins to help you manage your network of sites and get the most out of using WordPress in your classroom.
We have a lot to cover so let's get started with WordPress in the Classroom: Multisite.
1. Getting Started
2. Designing a Multisite Network
3. Creating a Multisite Network
4. Managing a Multisite Network
5. Managing a Multisite Network of Classes
6. Managing a Multisite Network for Students
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.