- Setting up WordPress on a live host
- Setting up a local development environment
- Creating and publishing content
- Managing media
- Adding a new child theme
- Building custom sites for clients
- Syncing content between local and staging servers
- Making a site live
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Morten Rand-Hendriksen, Lynda.com staff author, and I'm excited to welcome you to WordPress Workflows. We'll be looking at three distinct workflows for three different types of WordPress projects. In the first workflow, we'll look at how to build your first WordPress site, and I'll cover planning, set-up, and content management. The second workflow is all about customizing your site with a child theme. Here I'll introduce you to the theme development process and get you set-up rights for the tools and strategies to ensure smooth sailing.
And in the final third workflow, we'll look at a full custom site build. Here we'll dive into professional development workflows and discuss IDEs, staging environments, version control, and more. Establishing practical workflows for different types of WordPress projects will make the actual work you do simpler, more organized, and more efficient. I'm here to show you how to do it right, so let's get cracking with WordPress Workflows.